Monday, January 18, 2016

Birthdays, Adoption Days, Galore!

 What happens when between November 8 and January 6 when you have 8 birthdays and adoption days to be celebrated in your family? 

You eat a LOT of cake and you have a lot of cuteness!  Now I posted about Abigail's Sweet 16 already......so here are the rest of those special days!  ENJOY!
 I mean really do I even need to say how much this makes me want to eat her up? 
 Happy 5th Adoption Day baby girl!!! (November 23rd)
 My Aerial lovin, sweet, sassy, crazy, funloving, girl! 


 They love playing Legos together :) 

 Her ice cream cake was topped with "kitty kats" her favorite chocolate bar. (I love when she says that!) 

 Oh girl, I can't believe how fast 5 years has gone!!!!  Please stop growing.... 
 And then this happened!!!
 Yep, our 4th teenager in the house!  Pray for us ;).  By the time Elizabeth turns 13 we will have 7 teens at the same time.  Like I said - Lord hear our prayers! 
 Actually, we love our teens!!!  I mean it is really fun having children being more independent! 
 Our engineer here loves to build things- create new things- take things apart.  You get the picture! 
 He is such a cute teen!!  OK sorry crazy mom moment.
 (November 27th)
 This- this is his smile that seriously makes me pause.  I love it!  Happy 13th birthday to a caring, loving, fun teen!!! 

 Then a week later this amazing guy turns 14! 
 You guessed it- LEGOS!  Of course.....
 Our Lego King has dozens and dozens of sets!  And he keeps them nice as well.  He takes them apart, puts them back together, and mixes and matches. 
 December 5th....
 There it is- finished it in no time flat. 
 A little throwback for fun.....
 Happy 14th Andrew!!
 Then comes Matthew again- this time it is his 12th Adoption Day December 22nd. 
 Hey handsome!
 Jurassic World Legos and more Geronimo Stilton books (one of his favorite series). 

 Love YOU!!!!!
 Then on Christmas Day this sweet child was born!  She too is a Lego lover and has several sets of Lego Friends. 

 Just a little excited!!! 

 Built and ready to play! 
 Happy 10th Birthday to our crazy, joyous songbird! 


 She is just so beautiful!!!! 
 OK we belong to a FB group called "I run for Michael".  It isn't named after our Michael, but I love the name.  It is a person who runs or excercises that matches with a child that has special needs and sometimes can't run for themselves.  It is a way to cheer each other on. 

For Christmas Michael's runner- Julie got him this adorable shirt- I love it!!!!  THANK YOU JULIE!!!!
 Michael's 3rd Adoption Day!!! 
 He loved his box!
 He loves his frog drumset and plays with it daily! 
 Beads around here for Michael is what I call a super toy.  They calm him and make him happy no matter what!!! 
 I found these Bunch 'ems at Target and they are an amazing sensory toy!  Win-win!
 I would love to know what he is thinking!!! 
 Ice cream for his treat.  He loves it because he takes after me!!!!
 Yep- he is a thumb sucker.....

 Daddy helping our amazing little guy blow out the candle. 
 Oh Michael.  Some people say that we must be heroes for being your parents.  That is so wrong and backwards.  You are my hero!!!  The love you give, the strength you show, and the huge strides you have made- make me proud to be your momma on a daily basis!!!!

 I mean he loves his ice cream!!!!  Happy Adoption Day Michael!!!
 Ok so that brings us to Andrew's 13th Adoption Day on January 6th. 
 This was a favorite too.  I mean the Hobbit is big in this house! 
 New Star Wars book of course. 

 Working on it mom. 

That handsome smile right there is my book reading, history loving, giving, Lego loving, young man who loves the Lord!  Happy Adoption Day Andrew James Wright!!!! 

And now we can try to regain our waistline between now and Michael's Birthday February 27th!  Oh and a fun fact: in our family of 11 the reason there is this crazy window of all kinds of special days is that between July 31st and November 8th there are NO birthdays or adoption days, or anything!!!  Over 3 months of nothing in our family- that's crazy, but true! 

2 comments:

  1. In our family . . . we have 6 birthdays btwn. January 20 - 26th. Yes.We.Do. :)

    Yeah for teenagers! We had 6 bio. teens at one time (btwn. 13-18) and had two "extra" teens living with us that year, as well. So, we had 8 teens and 4 "littles" in our house. Crazy, but FUN!

    Love you all and miss your smiling faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too!!!! I was looking at pictures just yesterday from our trip to Louisiana when we got to meet up!!!

      Delete

.

.