Friday, December 2, 2011

Our Daily Bread

 Yummy!  I LOVE HOME MADE BREADS and DESSERTS!!!! 
 As in I could totally eat them all day long!!!!  But these past couple of weeks I have been thinking about daily bread in the Lord's Prayer.  Give us this day our daily bread.  When you think about it in the terms of people used to make bread daily you think about how this refers to those days.  You know before preservatives and store bought bread :)  (hey, don't think we don't buy bread I am NOT that talented to make bread every day, but I try).

But then it hit me that really we are asking God for our needs FOR THAT DAY!  Not for the whole year, not for the whole week, not even for today and tomorrow.  Then remembering the Isrealites wandering around in the desert.  How God said don't take more than you NEED for today or it will spoil.  And I am sure there were people who tried it!  Just being honest- I WOULD!  But it spoiled.  UNLESS it was for the Sabbath- then it wouldn't spoil!!

So where I am going with this is that sometimes it is hard to see what tomorrow is going to bring.  It is hard to know about what our needs will look like tomorrow.  For us doing adoptions right now- we WANT TO KNOW NOW LORD who our child/ren is, what do they look like, what will they grow up to be.  Some of us with children with attachment disorders ask ourselves daily- Lord will they every choose to love me back?  Will they ever __________?  OR if you have other special needs in your child- Will they ever grow up to ________?

I think this is completely natural.  God made us to think and dream!  AMEN!  But we have to know that FOR TODAY HE GIVES US STRENGTH!  FOR TODAY HE will help us get through.  FOR THIS MOMENT that your child is raging- HE will give you grace to handle it.  FOR THIS SECOND when you feel rejected for the millionth time- HE gives you peace.  FOR THIS HOUR HE gives you peace to wait for the next step in the adoption process.  FOR THIS MORNING HE will allow you to find joy in the small things when it seems your life is soo upside down.

For today we have enough to eat, and some to spare.  For this time we have plans and hopes for our children's futures.  For now we can choose to be happy about where God has us......and TRUST HIM for the DAILY BREAD for tomorrow- Tomorrow.  Trust HIM for that strength when we need it.  Trust HIM for the money for the mounting things that need to be fixed or for our next adoption- when we need it.

I pray all of you can find that DAILY BREAD when you need it.  I am learning and I have such a looonnggg way to go that I have to rely on HIM - EACH DAY, each hour, each minute, and each second..........
 OK something amazing happened- I did a craft with the kids.  SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Seriously- I don't do crafts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know why....ummm...I just can't, won't, don't- whatever. 
 But the kids love it!  And well- that smile is worth more than any amount of mess!!!! 
 Matthew- even when thinking of "snow" pictures he still made an Iron Man :)
 This is a White out!
And this is Jonathan and I's snowman :)  he he he- yeah!

***Don't forget- if you are local here are some GREAT FOOD GIFTS- pies, cookies, fudge, bars, etc.
 ****If you aren't local- don't forget to go shopping HERE!!!!!  Portions go to our adoption!!!  YEAH!!!
******Or buy a What is Good Shirt from our sidebar- just put the size and color in the comment section on paypal or email/facebook us and send a check!
 ********And don't forget the SCENTSY!!!!!!  Talk about some yummy smells!!!!  :) 

THANK YOU for all of your support and prayers for our next child/ren!!!!  WE VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great post Dawn! :) I would much rather do crafts with kiddos than bake/cook with them....maybe we should do a swap sometime!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    This concept has been on my mind a LOT lately. Jim is unemployed. When this season of unemployment hit (after a couple of months of work) we had a solid 5 months budget in savings. Now ... we are headed into month 3 of unemployment (and it is Christmas, none the less). We still have food on the table and money in the bank. But ... I keep re-doing the calculations: "We have enough money until February." And ... February is getting closer every day.

    I need to be (and I AM) thankful for HIS unfailing provision for us this past year, with multiple months of unemployment. But, I must not fret the "what will happen in February" question that keeps arising.

    I am thankful that I have a seasonal job at the bookstore (1 block from home).

    I am thankful that we have been able to buy a couple of presents for each of the at-home kids. (Probably good that I'm shopping for 6 this year ... and not all 12 kids.)

    I am thankful that I have a husband who is willing and able to work. We just continue to pray that the LORD will give direction and wisdom and HIS favor as Jim applies for job after job after job.

    I am thankful for FRIENDS like YOU, who remind us to be thankful.

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a whole lot of encouragement and truth....your posts never disappoint! :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.