Sunday, April 29, 2012

Will you say YES?

 Awww....look at Michael snuggling with daddy.  Nothing can warm my heart faster than Jason scooping up one of our babes and loving on them.  I love seeing him squeeze, tickle them, kiss them, play tag your it, swing them around in circles, play with them, do absolutely silly things with them.  He loves this little man sooo very much! 
 This is game called spot the Wright children chasing bubbles.  How many can you find?
 He he he....ummm.....it all comes back to fake teeth.  Who knew that 5 sets of fake teeth for a $1 could provide so much fun and entertainment?  Just so you know she is saying Roar!
 Here is our rock star- rocking it out in the tub.  I really love squeezing his cuteness. 
 What do you do with a preteen who stayed up too late two nights ago with mommy going to a Mandisa concert having fun, laughing, and worshiping together.  Then our family went to Universal (with our year round passes we bought last year for vacation) for the day yesterday.  Today she says she is tired.....and she couldn't rest in her room because.......
These kiddos were in there playing.  This was a open the door quick and snap a picture and they still smile this big!  :) 

A big part of the adoption world, feeding the hungry programs, sponsors for school programs, being foster parents, having another child, sharing the gospel with others, starting a work Bible study, stepping up to lead a group at church, volunteering for a women's shelter, buying food for a local food pantry, donating to any one of the above.......ALL START WITH OUR YES!

Yes is a simple 3 letter word.  It isn't really hard to say.  Or maybe for some it is.  You see your yes is your commitment.  Your choice to do something.  Not just talk about it, think about it, pray about it, but really step out or step up and say it- YES! 

It means so very much to those you are helping.  You see it means that you care enough to DO SOMETHING.  Oh, but it can be scary.  Sometimes so scary we question ourselves, and after we started doing something it can become even scarier.  Did I really want to spend this much time helping with  .......?  Did I really want to bring home (temporarily or forever) this child(ren)?  Did I really want to deal with all the baggage that comes with being a leader?  Did I really want to start giving to this program when my finances seem a bit tight? 

GOD SEEKS OUR YES!!  Because it is how HE knows HE truly has our heart.  It isn't a guess.  When you say yes, and continue to say yes to God.....HE draws closer to you.  Oh it can be scary!  It can be REALLY SCARY because we say things like - what if?  What if I lose my job, what if my child has attachment issues, what if I am rejected by my colleagues, what if I find out I can't do it, and our list goes on and on.  It is a reality that our Yes can bring heart ache and there is a chance that it can turn our lives upside down. 

Count the cost carefully AND what our Yes would mean to those we serve.  Then let your heart be ruled by GOD ALONE!

The Cost of Following Jesus

18 When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. 19 Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”
20 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
21 Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”
22 But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

What does saying YES- mean to you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.