Saturday, October 8, 2011

Big News at the Wright HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what do these images have in common?
 
 Is this about global warming?
 Oh maybe it's about couponing?
 Or is it secret code words for a secret club meeting that you are all invited to?

 So I have to tell you this really really cool story!!!!

My husband and I were swimming.... last week before the cooler weather of Florida....

something came up in conversation................

it is one of my favorite topics..............

one that to be honest I didn't know if I should bring up.....................

you know one of those.... is my husband going to think I am off the charts???

Well, you may have guessed what all these pictures stand for and what they have in common.............









or you may not have.............















But.....................

















he he he he he........
















OK I will tell you...................


















Ummmm........






















OK no more messing with you all........

11- will be the number of people in our family soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paper will be flying as we will soon become officially paper pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had permanent smiles on our faces since we have agreed and prayed about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES- people will think we are NUTS :)

There will be lots of waiting involved (have I mentioned before I do NOT like waiting???)

Oh, and even though I have lost track of how many times we have already been fingerprinted by it seems every possible source we will be doing it all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Details:  We are going to be doing a domestic adoption!!!!  We want to specifically do a special needs adoption..God has laid down syndrome on our hearts, but we are praying and listening to the Lord for guidance.

So this conversation is one I have brought up a few times since Joanna came to us.  BUT really to be honest it was just general as we hadn't moved yet, or we hadn't found a job for Jason yet, or we didn't have the money to buy the house yet...........and we did say we wanted to be here for 6 months before jumping into any really big things.........but I thought I would approach the subject of adoption with Jason anyway.  Just because it is my favorite thing to talk about - besides Jesus, but as we all know the 2 topics are intertwined!!!!

Well, after saying the words sooo.....when do you think we should do our next adoption?  I also waited to see his face.  Go and read the last post to know where I am going with this in detail.  I was waiting for his leadership in this important decision and his go ahead if you like.  Then I felt compelled to tell him that I had really had a tugging on my heart to do a special needs adoption such as down syndrome.

What happened next was ALL GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason told me that he too had heard God nudging him in this direction.  (did you read that!!!)  OH YEAH!!!
And specifically towards down syndrome.  Are you serious??  YES!!!
AND Jason also asked God to give him reassurance that he had heard God right.  In fact he said he said if I am hearing you- would you have Dawn talk to me about it without me prompting her.  He had this conversation with God less than 24 hours before I brought the subject up to him.  :) 

He, he ,he- now God TOTALLY ROCKS and I LOVE IT when HE just does things because- well HELLO HE is GOD!!!

After we talked about it for a bit we prayed about it.  And agreed that we would let God show us specifics.  Well, the next night who was on the radio talking about her testimony?  Carolyn Twietmeyer.  Now if you don't know who this is- their family has done a lot to promote the TRUTH about hiv adoptions.  AND their latest adoption was a baby with down syndrome!!!!  OK GOD WE ARE LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!!!  WE HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!

So here we go on another rollercoaster ride!  Should be some crazy fun- come join us and see what amazing things God will do!!!!!!!   Hope you all have a BLESSED WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting and can't WAIT to follow your next journey!:) I really love it when God speaks to BOTH parents that way....SO cool!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations!!! We are also in the process of adopting special needs but we are getting our little treasure from China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew the moment I read the title :) WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

    Love the story of how God worked! I am so excited for you guys! Looking forward to following along on this latest Wright Family Adventure! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I am a mommy I can understand better how totally exciting this is! I am so happy for you and look forward to seeing how God blesses your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn!!!!!! That is so awesome! I love your story, and I can't wait to hear more!! We will pray for you as you head into another adoption journey - may God richly bless your beautiful family!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, this post popped up on FB and I knew I needed to get myself over here when I saw that 11!!!!!!!

    Oh my! HOW COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ready to ride this roller coaster along side of you guys and praying for your little person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS :) Noah is the absolute icing on our cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. tears as I read this news. I cant wait to read till the end of the story. God did the exact same thing with us...... it was so incredible. I clung to what God did at the beginning through the whole beautiful mess of it. Waiting for Gods timing for us too.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for your family and for the little one God has picked out for you!!! {Love, love, LOVE the conversation between you and Jason. That is SOO God!}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahooooooooooooooo! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoooHoooo!! I love it! I love God stories and adoption and this post had them both!!

    So excited for you!!

    Thank you for sharing!! Blessings on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for you!!!! Keep us posted!!
    Adding new baby to be Wright to our family prayer list!!
    Much love!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! What an awesome God we serve. So thankful for families like you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawn, so totally the best when God goes before, behind, and around us. May your journey be bathed in His presence and light. i know you are a girl after God's own heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you absolutely SET on the domestic part? I can tell you that there is a waiting list of 200+ families in the US wanting to adopt a child with Down syndrome, but in other countries (specifically Eastern Europe) kids with Ds are abandoned at birth. The need is great. Please prayerfully consider the children on www.reecesrainbow.org

    Can't wait to read what God's going to do! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tara- I would LOVE to, but we can't -the immigration is set on us having a certain income with the amount of children we have and won't accept parts of our income- It's complicated! I WOULD IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And the facts are that there may be families waiting, but there are MANY children that I come across in need of adoption that don't have homes!!!! MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    IT IS TRUE that there are many in need- just go to reeces'rainbow to find out!!!! So for those that feel called and want to adopt THAT IS A GREAT RESOURCE!!!!!

    We are also open to other special needs as well or a domestic older child adoption etc. We feel that down syndrome was what God put on our hearts for us to make it clear to us that we were on the same page with doing a special needs adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's great!!!! Praying; so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are so excited for you...and we will be praying for all of you over the days and months ahead! Your story is beautiful, and I can't wait to watch God write the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you look on the state of FL waiting child list, there are a few very young special needs children. Not Downs, but there is a new little guy on the list with medical needs. FL is hard to work with though. We recently had a county want us for a 9 yr old boy but our county and that county couldn't agree on paperwork and he was given to another family. So what looked like a sure thing feel apart in a matter of weeks. Still feeling it too : (

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAYY! So proud of yall and yay GOD!!! ^_^
    -Rachel Ellender

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!!! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Concgratulations! Can't wait to see this journey unfold. To God be the GLORY!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Dawn ~ how incredibly exciting! I'll add you to my prayer list for adoptions!
    Look forward to 'meeting' your new addition sometime in the future!
    Blessings
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Wow! WOW! Way to go GOD!!!! That is just incredible the way he prompted both of you at the same time! Godbumps ;) Excited to follow your journey once again!

    P.S. When did Joanna get so big??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats! With 2 rambunctious boys my 52-year-old DH is not very open to adding another to our chaos. I will enjoy following your journey. So excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good luck and God Bless!

    We just adopted #7, a little guy with a rare genetic disorder called Larsen's syndrome...my opinion is SN kids to BETTER in large families because there are so many people around to inspire them and we " mons of many" tend to be more organized and patient and tenacious!!

    It will be interesting though to see how God works this out, there are currently 200+ families in the US waiting to adopt a child with ds because 90% are aborted...

    Again, blessings and cannot wait to see who joibs your family!

    Carla
    www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations!!! LOVE the confirmations...God is good! Will be excited to follow your journey!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

.

.