Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Back!!

Mommy's BACK! This next week will signify the first week in several months when we actually will have a normal type schedule. With our year starting out- well a train wreck (losing Naomi), and then our MIRACLE - Joanna, and then getting ready for camp........All I can say is.....it feels like the last 6 months have been a tornado at our home. I am a schedule type person, flexible, but I like routine too. So this has been a HUGE challenge for me. So this week we will once again start home schooling again. YEAH! I LOVE IT! Of course our baby girl Abigail who is now 10 1/2 will be attending camp for the WHOLE WEEK (he he he of course we will see her daily since she is going to camp - here).
Look who is smiling now! She has really started showing more and more personality- and it is ADORABLE! We can't get enough. Our whole family loves playing with her and seeing who can get her to giggle the most. She now weighs about 11 1/2 lbs. She is growing really quickly - to me anyway.
I could (and do) just stare at her all day!
Love these pics of our girls together and our boys.
Have I mentioned that I love them all soooo much!!!!! For those who think our family is crazy for having 8 children- I assure you- WE LOVE CRAZY!!

So I get to FINALLY have a routine. Have I mentioned how excited about that I am?

Yes, this is also our first week of camp (for the last few weeks we have been doing last minute projects and staff training). So we have 9-12 year olds coming!!! CAN'T WAIT! Our staff has been trained of course 9 of 11 are returning staff....some for 3-5 years in a row have come back. I love it! Great group of college students. PRAY that campers hearts will be open to hearing God's WORD! Pray that our staff will listen to prompts from the Holy Spirit, for safety, for teamwork, and for a HUGE OUTPOURING TO HAPPEN!!!! Did I mention - I LOVE CAMP?

So now that I have a routine and am back to - well as normal as I get anyway.....I hope to be blogging a lot more at least my usual 3-4 times a week anyway.

By the way - from my last post- as far as I know all of the families that are picking up little ones are doing well so far. Continue prayers as transitions can take a few months- few years.

GOD IS GOOD!!!

10 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Joanna is beautiful (as are all the kids!!) Glad camp is going well so far. will be praying God will show Himself and His glory to you all!

    and glad you are back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a busy spring just like you with very little time to blog and I have missed it so much. Your kids are soooo beautiful and I just love the photos of just the girls and just the boys. Precious!! Eight is great and you are going to have a wonderful summer.

    My husband and I are going to begin homeschooling in the fall and we are very excited. If you get a chance, please share about your homeschooling adventures. We would love tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at her hair. LOVE it! Samuel has barely any hair yet :(
    Look at those gorgeous kids! I'll bet they can't wait to have mommy back too.
    Praying for camp, 9 - 11 such pivotal years. Can't wait to hear how great it goes.
    Much love!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how long her hair is getting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn,
    I just love reading about your family adventures :D It's a good craziness I can tell! Your children are adorable, and really fortunate to have two fun loving parents. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your week with a schedule is BLESSED!!!

    Oh how I need a schedule (and my kids do to). After a full year of crisis and transitions ... I am praying for a return to "normal" sometime soon.

    Love you!

    Laurel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everything is beginning to calm down! i do love it too when it all falls into place!! Joanna is beautiful and wow, what a cutie!! Love the pics of the girls and of the boys- you have a good looking family- they are all as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to see new pics of your sweet new addition. Wasnt there a movie/ TV show about 8 kids and counting?? ha ha ! Those were the days. Well I am glad summer is here and camp has begun for you. I have many beautiful memories of camp. Blessings dear friend. Loving GRACE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just happened upon your blog today for the first time. I had tears in my eyes looking at the pictures of your new princess and seeing all of her adoring fans! Your family is gorgeous. God bless you! I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you just bottle some of that energy and SEND IT TO ME???? Pleeeeeassse????? :) I couldn't accomplish what you do in ONE day in a WHOLE week! Girl you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

.

.