Thursday, December 10, 2009

A blessing in the pain

This is Jason writing in one of my extremely rare postings (I think this is the second one). We got home late last night from England and of course we had no milk or fresh food in the house. This afternoon, after a really bad start to our return I told Dawn I would go to the nearest grocery store and pick up some milk and veggies. Just before leaving I took a brief look at the comments in response to Dawn's postings, both on this blog and also on face Book.

I was just amazed at how much love and kindness was being poured out on us. People have been been praying for us, but not just in that "I'll pray for you" off the cuff way, but REAL words of encouragement, REAL empathy, and REAL understanding. The pain is still there, like having a bad headache that just won't go away, but we have been reminded so BOLDLY that we are not alone. You have reminded us that our God is a God of healing and miracles, a God who has a plan for our family, and a God who cares. You have also been to us today "God with skin on" - HIS people, a true body of Christ who has hurt today when we hurt. THANK YOU!

This may sound silly, but in my heart, for me, but especially for Dawn, I wished so much that we were nearby to you all - that was one thing today I cried about as I drove to get the milk - we feel so alone because of where we live. Someone made a comment saying they wished they were close so they could come over and physically hug us and be with us. That would be ideal, but I am still so grateful for you where you are because despite the miles you have been a source of great strength to us today. I know the husbands are usually about two steps behind their wives with the blogging world, but I as Dawn's husband have seen how much she has been uplifted through reading your posts, sharing in your joys and struggles, and being blessed in return, like today, and I am so glad to know you are with us.

If the truth be told I think the husbands are pretty interested in the lives of the other blog families out there - we just don't get much of a chance to sit at the computer!!!! Most of the blogs we read are over the shoulder of our wives! Do I hear an AMEN?!!!!

We love you,
Jason & Dawn

9 comments:

  1. Wow that was an AWESOME post to read. I look forward to reading more. (((HUGS for your family))) Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason,

    Good to hear from you today! Definitely wished that I lived close enough for one of those real hugs today.

    Your family is a TREASURE to us ... and we are holding you up in prayer, just as you have held our needs up to the Lord this week, as well.

    Big HUGS to Dawn and the kids! Please tell them all that we miss their smiling faces ... and all the fun we had with them.

    Blessings,

    Mama of Many ... and the gang :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is amazing and you have been so encouraging to me and I am thankful for that. I am so sorry that yesterday was such a heart breaking day in so many different ways. I pray for the Lord's comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, It's great to 'hear' you. You are indeed in our prayers. It's so great some times how this community gathers together isn't it? I do wish we were closer to give you huge hugs. Hang in there! God has a plan for you...and it must be a BIG one considering the blocks you are coming up against!
    Blessings
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN, over the shoulder reading is done alot by husbands, but also some reading on their own. It is so good to know that others are praying and uplifting at our weaker times so that we can pray and uplift them in theirs. WE serve an awsome God who knows what was, is, and is to come. Rest assured that HE is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn and Jason,
    I am just now hearing your news and am so sorry this has happened. My prayers are with you and your family. God give you strength peace and comfort through this trial. It is tough, but the end result will melt this all away. I know easier said then done.
    God bless you.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the body of Christ:) Thank you for your post Jason and know that we are praying for your adoption!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jason, your wife is an incredible encourager to us all and a faithful blog friend and partner in prayer. She has cheered us on and cheered us up at the times we needed it most. She makes it easy to care about you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about the delay! I know that SUCKS! (Not exactly the great deep thought provoking words :) We'll be praying that the time till your next court date will go by fast!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.