Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to Home School

 This is my new Large white board :)  I love it....and this was my note to my sweeties this morning.  Love that I get to home school my babes.  **NOTE this is NOT a post on the fact that everyone has to homeschool!!!  I just happen to LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

 Above is our homeschool ROOM!  I love having a whole room dedicated to the education of our children :)!!!  YEAH!!!  Of course there are many things we will add to it, and change over time.  Just the thought of teaching my children makes me smile.  Yes, I am crazy about it and yes I have homeschooled our children now for 7 years. 
 Abigail.......
 Andrew......
 Joshua.......
 Matthew......
 Sarah.......
 Elizabeth.......
 Jonathan.......
 What?  I have no idea why mommy wanted to take a picture in front of our door.....she just put me here.  Something about school, but I have no idea what that is. 
Guess I will just eat this book then.......

I am THANKFUL for my students, 
that we get to school at home, 
that I get several hours a day to be with my babes, 
that I get to walk with them through their learning, 
that we get to cater to their learning needs, 
that we get to see all the great accomplishments in person that our children make, 
that we get to center our learning around God's perspective, 
that we are able to have fun together learning,
that we have flexibility in our schedule,
that we get to eat all our meals around a table as a family,
that we don't have to wake up at 5am to make the bus :)  or have to sit in a car line (to all my friends who have to do this- I apologize and am not rubbing it in, but I am happy I don't have to do that),
and that my children LOVE going to school - and they even love the teacher ;)  well you know at least most days :).


I know homeschooling is not for everyone, and that is fine, but I am so privileged to be able to do what God has called me to do.  I have a supportive husband who loves to see what the kids have learned and help them out when needed.  It sometimes feels like such a HUGE responsibility and can be overwhelming, but I am glad to be able to do it!


Now for getting into a routine where maybe, just maybe I can post more :) and finish my parenting posts, and catch you up to speed on lots of other stuff too!!!

12 comments:

  1. Love it. :) And love your school room! Very cool. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am dreaming of the day (hopefully soon!) where we have our own homeschooling room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for home school...we'll be starting back up in a couple weeks (we're sneaking a vacation in next week first, but we are always learning, right?). So glad to see you moved in and jazzed up about teaching your kiddos at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the start of the year! Hoping your school goes well. Where did you get the bookcase/cubbies on the left? (Ikea?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I desperately needed to be reminded of these things today...we are in week three of homeschooling and so far, have pulled two kids out of virtual schooling(which means purchasing more curriculum:(), and I am about to give UP!! And no, this is NOT my first year...it's my EIGHTH! Juggling 5 different grade levels(and not have complete and utter chaos!) is becoming IMPOSSIBLE!! So....thanks for the reminder about WHY I do it:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I just "friend-ed" you on FB;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you all have a GREAT school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Looks awesome...so this is how desperate I am to start homeschool....I have actually enlisted my friends homeschooled child to take hopefully one full day a week. Eeep!

    Ive even considered becoming a homeschool teacher for hire. Here, in this state you dont have to have teachers certificate to teach other peoples children in their home as long as the parents are involved in implementing the curriculum, and now-a-days there are some many families that are being forced to send their children to public school due to needing a second working parent in the home that there an many families looking into the possibility of hiring out PART of the instruction in order to keep their kids at home....But I don't know if I'd be able to do that, or even if I would want to- IDK. I might still consider it. We shall see.

    Have fun with the new school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we are on Year 21 of our homeschooling ... but it might be Year 22. :)

    I am really looking forward to homeschooling this year, after the absolute chaos and crisis of the past 3 years.

    We are re-organizing the whole house ... making it work for "just" 6 kids at home. We are creating an exclusive homeschool room / mommy office / mommy craft room.

    The teens have been kind of "left behind" the past 2 years, so we are all looking forward to mommy being able to FOCUS more this year.

    Hopefully by tomorrow night we will have our school room put together. So excited.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have perfectly described how I feel about homeschooling! It is a huge blessing! I have school room envy right now! We use an area of our playroom/boys' bedroom to homeschool. It works, and it is easily one of my most favorite areas of the house, but to have a whole room would be a-maz-ing! :) Have a great first week hittin' the books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WooHoo! Happy back to school Wright family! Cool school room! Great post.... LOVED hearing your enthusiasm about teaching your kiddos! We're starting our 5th year (1 sweet boy with special needs in 4th grade and a preschooler). Blessings, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your school room! We school at our kitchen table which works fine, but I really like the look of a classroom. Here's to a great school year!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.