Sunday, September 14, 2014
For now- enjoy pics of our Iowa trip. The above picture is us at a Culver's. Now if you have never been to Culver's - I am so very sorry! ;) They have amazing frozen custard, yummy food, and well let's say I love cheese curds as well!!! I know not healthy which is why it is probably a good thing the nearest one to us is an hour away!
So this is the tallest stalk of corn ever (replica). As you can see it is crazy tall!!!! At the fair they always have this years tallest stalks which is fun too.
Hoping someone out there still reads my blog :). Will be posting more pictures and posts soon! Feels good and hoping I can encourage others too. OR at least give you a smile!
Monday, September 8, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS Amy & Peter.....It's a Disney Princess!!!!!
Once upon a time there was a family that had 3 beautiful young children. They loved their family, but also knew that God had laid another adoption on their hearts.
Here is a part of their story......
We met Dawn during our first adoption as they used the same international agency we were using. Over the course of the years following our adoption Dawn began to work for Christian Adoption Consultants and we knew God was calling us to adopt again. After lots of prayer over options, we knew our next little one would join our family through domestic adoption, and that we needed the help of some experts to chart these new waters. Hence the journey with Christian Adoption Consultants began!
This revelation caused many messages back and forth with Dawn asking hundreds of questions of which she was always willing to answer them and get me really excited to start the process, but the answer was always wait. Dawn was so understanding as this pattern continued for over a year!
Finally, in November of 2013 God finally told us yes, it was time to move forward. I couldn't wait to tell Dawn it was finally time! We knew this process could take a long time for our family as we had a family with 3 small children already. In hindsight, this process was much shorter than we ever anticipated. It all felt full steam ahead. In March we were home study approved and started presenting our profile the very next day. We did hear several no's and were settling in for a long wait when our yes came along! 6 weeks later our sweet little girl was in our arms! We couldn't be any happier and after years of feeling like a piece of my heart was missing, I finally feel complete! I am so grateful for Christian Adoption Consultants because they were the key piece in leading us to our daughter!
Oh how I love answering people's questions!!!
Can we adopt even if we have children?
What if we have small children in the home?
Is there really a need for people to do domestic adoption?
YES, YES, YES!!!!!! To all the above! For every expectant mother I believe there is a family wondering will anyone want us as a family for their most precious gift of a child? The answer is YES!
Questions? PLEASE contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
or call anytime 813-360-7368
EXCITING NEWS WITH
CHRISTIAN ADOPTION CONSULTANTS!!!!
WE ARE STARTING AN INTERNATIONAL ADOPTION PROGRAM!!!! This is something we are passionate about. Our desire through our infant adoption program, special needs adoption program, and international adoption program is to help families on their journey to adopt and care for children here in the United States and all over the world!!! Email or call for more information. Our program is starting officially October 1st!!!
Friday, August 29, 2014
Our double blessings
Joel & Katrina signed on with Christian Adoption Consultants in January. After a couple of months their home study was complete.
They got the call that they were matched in May!! This past July they brought their double blessings HOME!
Here is a little bit of their story......
It's Friday the 18th. Just a few hours away from knowing for sure whether or not these girls were to be ours. The papers were to be signed at the 72 hour mark, which would be around 3:30 pm. We began the day praying for all involved, that the Lords will be done, and that everyone would be at peace. The birth mom text Katrina and asked if she could spend some time alone with the girls. For the past several days we tried to bring the girls to the birth moms room so she would be able to spend some time with them. We dressed them all up and took them to her. She smiled, seeing them, and said,"wow they are going to be spoiled."
So we left them with her as we went to our room to pack some of our things, knowing we were leaving with or without the girls. In our room we finally got the call that we could get our girls. The papers had been signed!!! We went to the birth moms room with a mixture of joy and sheer compassion for the birth mom. As she gave Katrina a hug she said, "Please send lots of pictures. It will be healing for my soul." We were so amazed that God had now entrusted these two precious girls in our care.
In our room we thanked and praised God for the wonderful gift of these daughters. That evening, in our hotel room, Katrina text the birth mom to show her our love and to tell her the girls were doing well. She responded back, "I can't get over how precious they are but I will be forever thankful for you and Joel." How that comforted us both to know that she was content in her decision and not regretting it.
Here are a few photos of our darling daughters.
If you would like to have more information on how Christian Adoption Consultants works,
How to start the domestic adoption program,
How we can walk you through this process,
or any other adoption question....
Please call 813-360-7368
or email me at email@example.com
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
1300 miles to get there which will be spread out into 3 - 8 hour days. We have learned that for us unless it is under 15 hours we spread it out. That way we keep some of our sanity, our kids have the evenings to stretch their legs, and we actually don't miss out on our family time. You know where you all talk and look at each other (hard to do in a 15 passenger van).
We will be visiting clients while we are there, staying at a camp that Jason and I met at, visiting some of our children's birth mother- (please be praying about this as of course this is a big deal and we are thrilled and yes there are a million emotions for our children, for us, and for their birth family), going to the Iowa State Fair, meeting up with family, and chillin' breathing in God's mercies!!!
My parents moved about the same time we did to the Branson, MO area. So we have rented a cabin- again to visit my parents, visit some clients in the area, and chillax in the pool!!! Breathe in God's blessing on our family!!!
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
1) I love little surprises my husband comes up with for us to do. It doesn't have to cost money even, but just the thought and time he takes to put something together for us to do makes me smile and fall in love with him again!
3) I Love meeting our clients!!! Some are local and I get to see them more often- even better! Since our clients are all over the United States we don't always get the pleasure, but when we do- I LOVE IT!!!! :)
11) I love the great outdoors! Which is another reason to live on 3 acres! Space, trees, grass, gardens- I love being close to what God created!
13) I love TEACHING! Now for those who don't know Music Education is what my degree is in. I love teaching! It is a passion of mine. I was a band teacher, then I taught about Jesus at camp, and now I get to teach families about adoption. I was always and always will be a teacher of Jesus in our home as well as math, English, science, history, geography, reading, writing, and much more at home!
15) I love Mountain Dew ;)
18) I love our friends and family who have supported us through the years. Some have come and gone due to distance and time. Some have stayed. I love that people have reached out to us and supported us even through the craziest of times!
20) I love prayer time. I have so much to be thankful for, so much to seek God's face over.... and so thankful that God loved me so much as to send His one and only son to die for me. My prayer time is a time I take seriously because it is how I get to know my Jesus. It is a way I can really truly accept His grace and love for me. Only then can I pass it on.
22) I love FB, Instagram, Pinterest, and other fun internet things that keep me connected and places where I can learn more about so many things. I can keep in constant contact with clients, read great articles on connection with my children, find great sensory activities to do, and see crazy fun pictures of my friends.
24) I love swimming!!! I love going to a pool, the beach, water parks, water balloons, splash parks, anything with water!!!!
26) I love reading scripture and books that help me learn more about scripture. There was a definite time in my life this wasn't true, but the more I grow the more it is definitely true. I used to think that I knew enough about the Bible, but I have learned that isn't possible. Now when I read the Bible I find sooo much more. Believe me this is a God thing. Thankful.....
28) I love my church! Not just the building...but the people, the worship, the uneasiness I get when the pastor is preaching and I know I need to change my attitude and heart about a few things. Life group and sharing together as a Body of Christ!
30) I love making lists and checking things off my list. :) Yes, I am a list person and I am not afraid to admit it!
32) I love rides!!! The faster, higher, scarier- I'm in!!!!
34) I love cheering on people. Especially my husband and children, but others as well. I know this may shock you, but I was a cheerleader back in the day. I definitely have the mouth for it ;). But I love cheering people on in a game, or in life, or in whatever they are doing. I enjoy seeing people try hard and do their best!
36) I love my quiet time...... many afternoons in our home we have a "quiet time rotation". Where the kids have stations of doing a educational computer game, reading, writing, quiet play, homework, etc. That is the time of the day I do a lot of work, but that is also the time when I get to pray, focus on my goals, read my Bible, dream, and just chill!
That cancer proved to weigh over 5 lbs. in a little 8 year old girl's body. When they went to do surgery they found out it was malignant. It took many doctors several hours of surgery- scraping everything in my abdominal area, taking out anything not absolutely necessary to live, and putting me back together again. I thank God daily that HE HEALED ME!!!!! There is NO other explanation.
To read my full testimony- GO HERE!!! :)
Lovely right? he he he.....well he knows how to have fun! So I think this is the last of our vacation pictures- whew. While you en...
This is a long post, but there is no other way to tell it than to just post it all........ KNOW there is NO WAY EVER that I would post som...
This as you can tell - is our Valentine's Day :) A while ago my brilliant and wonderful husband came up with a plan. He buys flowe...
Today's pictures brought to you by fun times at Lettuce Lake Park......and the letter A and number 10. Did you catch the hint? O...
Hello everyone! As usual I am a cute model. My daddy went out and bought this Monday night to surprise my mommy because we received new...
Our double blessings Joel & Katrina signed on with Christian Adoption Consultants in January. After a couple of months their ...
How we became a family.....a shortened version :) So this is Jason and I back in 2000 our very first of several homestudies that ha...
CONGRATULATIONS AMY & IAN!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! And boy oh boy does their son have some fun for his new little sist...
Hello everyone! This is the latest sweet addition to an amazing CAC Family! Julie and Brian started working with Christian Adoption Con...
This sweet cherub was born September 24th CONGRATULATIONS NIKKI AND MATT!!!!! This is her proud mommy and daddy who signed on wi...