1) Don't give time you don't have- start slowly :)
2) Does it save- ABSOLUTELY, but be careful and know your prices. ***Little tip. I did a breakdown of all the things we typically buy on any given month from shampoo, to chicken, to diapers, to veggies, etc. So I have a cheat sheet on how much I typically pay for most items we use. That way I know pretty much how much I am saving. Here is the thing- YOU DON'T have to be EXTREME COUPONER!!!!!! I have saved over $200 since I first started & I only take around 2-4 hrs a week!!
3) One tip someone left was about going more vegan and yes that does help, but my hubby would NOT be happy. There are plenty of tricks though about making your meats go farther with rice, adding ground turkey, or other things- and if you have a hubby like mine you can still please him and still save :)
4) HOME MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously shop for items that aren't pre packaged. Yes I know you are saying that most coupon items are for pre packaged I get it, but there are some that really are just on regular items too!
5) Here is how I have saved most of my money-
Buy One Get One Items that are reasonably priced that have store coupons and or manufacturer coupons or BOTH!!!!!!!!! Yes you can use them both at the same time!!!!! Some of the items I have gotten.................
lunch meats, hot dogs, rice, toothpaste, deodorant, dressings, toilet paper, shampoos/conditioners, hygiene items of all kinds, potato chips- yep I know what can I say sometimes we don't always eat organic, but I do make sure to have plenty of veggies and fruits too!!!! Buy One Get One Items
6) Check out some reliable coupon sources - that is where I am blessed because True Couponing is specific to the Tampa area and they tell you ahead of time - what all the great buys in the area are....what newspaper they were in.....and all the future sales.....all in one easy click :) There are other sites too like crazy coupon lady and Southern Savers that do this too.
7) ALWAYS buy generic when there are no deals....and STOCK UP when there is a good deal. True couponing says to do this for around 12 weeks because that is the average "cycle" to the coupons come out again for that product. But DON'T try to get every bargain because you will stress yourself out!!!
8) Get organized...some use binders, I just have a file box, whatever works for you. Then I take the coupons I will use and put them in a plastic baggie.
Well this roller coaster ride has been hard on my health recently.....had to go back to the doctor yesterday - again! Got some more meds....and praying this finally gets rid of my congestion and nasty cough that is lingering for over 2 weeks now.......whew. But I got to share about adoption while at the doctor's office and that was GREAT!!!
In fun news: Joanna is now walking more than crawling!!!! Now get ready, get set, GO!
With this roller coaster we are riding part of the fun.....is that we are living in a townhome with a yard 10' x 30', and a square footage of 1,100 square feet! So Kelli guessed right :) Great Guesses!!!!!
So the cooking....yeah, the thing that caught me off guard. I don't think I have done bad with it. I do have a weekly menu- not for each night just the general week so if I have more time or less time I do whatever meal accordingly. The advantage is we have a grill here and that has been amazing help!!!! I do only basic meals, but they have all been on time and ready to roll for when Jason gets home. The other thing that helps is that Jason is very encouraging and not critical- not that I thought he would be, but that has really been wonderful!! Of course I have the best hubby on the planet just in case you didn't know :)
The other great part to our roller coaster- FRIDAYS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! We actually get to enjoy weekends with family- a more set schedule does have perks. Pray you are all having great weekend!!!!!