So a friend decided to post some things about her in a list....so I decided to do the same:
1) I accepted Christ when I was 5 years old.....and boy have I learned A LOT since then!!!
2) I had cancer at age 8- had a total hysterectomy, and am here to tell you about it 28 years later- PRAISE GOD!
3) I am married to an incredible man who I a great leader in our home
4) Just in the last week we have stopped diapers during the day in our home....for the first time in 9 years!!!!!
5) At one time we had 4 children during the day in diapers.
6) Our 7 children are within 8 years of age
7) We don't watch tv (ok maybe super nanny or olympics- but it is very rare). Instead we choose to watch movies or tv series - like Little House of the Prairie - something that we know will be good.
8) Our kids don't watch tv either. Movies that are approved by us like Veggie Tales, few educational movies, etc. They watch an average of 2-3 hours a week maximum.
9) We only have pay as you go phones. Because we live in the middle of no where - you can't get cell reception.
10) I love my Mountain Dew. It has been my favorite soft drink since I was allowed to even have pop (as we called it up north- here it is called coke irregardless of what kind it is) when I as a teen.
11) I graduated college as a Music Teacher. I am a 4 year allstater from Iowa :) I also did many other honor bands during high school.
12) Jason & I met at a Christian camp....and now we are co-directors at a Christian camp :)
13) I LOVE sharing my testimonies :) (Not necessarily living them)
14) I have kept a journal of our lives since Jason & I met! Not until recently I discovered blogging.
15) If there were items in my home that I would grab in a fire- besides husband, children, & pets- it would be- pictures, letters from Jason when we were dating, adoption gifts, and our trinkets from Ethiopia.
16) I love to sing & so does our entire family! Jason plays keyboard too- by ear (makes me a tiny bit jealous).
17) I LOVE to teach my children- even on those hard days :)
18) I LOVE ADOPTION- the kind that God does & the earthly adoptions as well. There is NOTHING to me more wonderful than having a child (of any age) accept Christ into their hearts. There is also something so wonderful about seeing a child COME HOME to a family- FOREVER!
19) I am a penny pincher- MOST of them time. Jason- is not. :)
20) I LOVE tickling, singing to, tucking in, talking with, playing with- MY CHILDREN!!!!!!
OK. That was fun. Hopefully you have learned something new about me.....may try that again.
Although I have been crying daily (which is very rare for me until recently).....I know that God is starting to heal our hearts.....and we pray that there will be a door opened to us to adopt another child.
Thank you Lord for my best friend in the World- Jason. Thank you Lord that he is willing to stand by his family, help us heal, and head up this crazy home. Whatever happens....I am always thankful for your gift to me God of my wonderful husband & children :)
I wrote about what adoption means to me personally here . Today I wanted to share what it means to me in our job. Jason an...
Lovely right? he he he.....well he knows how to have fun! So I think this is the last of our vacation pictures- whew. While you en...
This is a long post, but there is no other way to tell it than to just post it all........ KNOW there is NO WAY EVER that I would post som...
This past year has been the most difficult our family has ever faced. Yet when last year started I had an overwhelming sense of peace tha...
Seth and Casey are an amazing couple. It has been a pleasure as their adoption consultants with Christian Adoption Consultants...
Having 9 children has given us a lot of time to watch our children fall in love. Sometimes it is smooth and seemless adding an...
Pictures today are brought to you by..........Bekah Shae Love Glasses :). OK so while we were at Empowered To Connect's Train the Tr...
When I think about this question I have to admit I am overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with emotions, memories, pain, suffering, healing, and gr...
So a little over 2 years ago we moved into our present home. We had just bought a home about 2 1/2 years prior, but 6 months after we mo...
One thing that takes root in our lives and then reeks havoc everywhere is anger. It sneaks into corners and like a cobweb can be hidden ...