Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love notes from kids :)

Our kids this last week made up a "show" for us. Complete with songs, motions, and great smiles. Our fireplace served as a stage, and it was a Blessing to watch.
There are soo many times as a mommy that I mess up. I yell when I shouldn't, I stress over things that are insignificant, and my list is too long for this blog. There is NOTHING that is sweeter than seeing your children worship and love it! NOTHING. When I consider the circumstances that my beautiful children have been through- I am in AWE of GOD! Each one of our children are a miracle in more than one way!
Then you receive little pictures from your children- little love notes. This is an interpretation of our Family Photo. I think our children have gotten the hint that our family was meant to expand. You will notice that there are 12 people. Yes, that includes us....so that would be 10 children :)- AMEN! I love it. You will also note- ages below the people. Hmmmmmmm......Not quite right, but pretty close....... :) I love the fact that our children see our expanding family...and they dream it with us. They want another sibling.

I hear so many that say- well how would my other children react to another sibling through adoption. I say the same as if your pregnant again. Will they be jealous- you bet. Will you as a family overcome it- ALWAYS! Because our children know that there are over 140 million orphans. They hear us talk about it, preach it, and they GET IT. More than most would even know.
This little note was discreetly given to me by Joshua. One for me & one for dad. This is from a boy that when he came to us - had a pretty tough transition. He had to endure 3 YEARS in "the system". I have no idea the hurt that he endured.....except the fact that we had to watch him endure it. It hurt sooo deep to see it. It was at times....unbearable. It was something no child should have to do. But he has been healed in so many ways and that is even more of a BLESSING than anyone can imagine.
Thank You God for my beautiful blessings that you have entrusted us with. We pray for our future children as well......be with them wherever they are in the world.....whatever is happening.....for the pain, the giving up of the biological family.......We ask for healing in the situations. We trust YOUR PLAN for a world without orphans!

So what are you waiting for? Have you thought about adoption???? I pray you have!

9 comments:

  1. Definitely thinking about it - more and more as we get closer to our "nine-months home" milestone!

    Thanks for sharing your stories - they mean more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O sometimes through all the stress I forget I am blessed! God has choosen us to be the mommies and daddies to these wonderful children! We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am so glad that everyone is starting to feel better. Your children are just precious, you are doing a great job showing them God's love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are so precious!! What a treasure to keepsake!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for writing this post. Gods been using you and some other blogs I read to really speak to my heart.
    I referenced you in a recent blog. Thanks for having a heart for orphans and for being obedient to God!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweet notes! Makes me want to take pictures of a couple I have been given recently. :) And I especially love that there are 10 children in that picture. THAT would be awesome. And while I am on the "I love" kick, I also love that you yell at times, because it makes me feel more normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking that Andrew has had a growth spurt since we last saw him in Dec. We love you guys. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious! Precious family & drawings to treasure!

    ReplyDelete

.

.