Friday, January 15, 2010

Bravery

Just some fun random pics from our time in England with family...........
Any time spent with family- is sooo valuable. We completely know this especially because we live soo far away from ANY family (our closest family lives 14 hours away). That is a heart ache of our ministry which just happens to be not close to family.
So today's scripture was more on the story of Joseph............WOW- this story blows my mind every time I read it. We did a more in depth study in November at a weekend camp with Jr/Sr high over a year ago. When I really started looking at all the details......made me think (AGAIN) that anything that our family has been through seemed so small in comparison.
And yet.....through it all Joseph remained faithful, kept doing his best....through EVERYTHING! Like being hated by his family (well you know siblings), being sold, being told by his boss' wife if you don't sleep with me- I will make your life miserable, being thrown in prison, being forgotten after he (because of God) interpreted some dreams of fellow prisoners correctly...........
After all of that- God made him the 2nd in command! I mean imagine that! I would be absolutely STUNNED!!!
In fact I would be shaking in my boots! If the highest in command said interpret my dreams- you know the ones no one else can interpret. Oh- by the way no pressure, but if you mess up, off with your head.
I would love to think that in that moment I would be brave. That I would have that kind of COURAGE! That I would listen very carefully to what God was telling me to say and say it.
But, I don't know if I could. Especially right now. Right now my faith seems to be shaken a bit. Not literally. I know my faith is true. I know I serve the MOST HIGH. I know all that, but I also know that right now......thousands of miles away there is a beautiful little girl....who is waiting. You know as adoptive parents we always talk about our wait, but I can imagine hers as being very tough too!
So when it comes to being that brave. I don't know. I would like to think of myself that way. I usually am. I don't really have problems saying it like it is. But sometimes...like now....I flounder a little.
I thank God for all that I have. I PRAISE HIM! I shout out in joy because I know that NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS He is with me.

I also, wish I knew if our Naomi will end up being ours? Will my dreams come true? Will I get to be the mommy of 8? Will immigration let us know Monday, or will we (Naomi & us) have to endure this painful wait longer?

We have been told that our application has gone to the supervisor? No idea what that means. Still praying & waiting like Joseph. I pray that whatever needs to be done that we will have the courage like he did to listen carefully to God to interpret HIS plans for our family. Thank you all for your prayers for us!

Just going to throw this out there. Knowing that most of you have it on your own blogs already, but PLEASE help those in Haiti! Pray for them & donate anything you can. I know all of our hearts are broken over this horrific situation. So we know God's heart is broken for them. Let's gather as Christians and bring them hope in Christ!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Dawn. I know I don't really know you, but I hope to get to know you more as time goes on. I have been praying for your situation. As I was reading my Bible this morning and read these words, you came to my mind. I wanted to share them with you and I pray you are encouraged as only the Spirit can encourage.
    "The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
    Therefore I have hope in Him.
    The Lord is GOOD to those who wait for Him,
    To the person who seeks Him.
    It is good that he waits silently
    For the salvation of the Lord."
    Lam. 3:24-26

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the family pictures!! Happy kids, Happy parents! Don't know what is going on with our government, Praying Naomi home to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will keep praying! I am glad you have such an amazing family to be by your side.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

.

.