Monday, April 18, 2011

Round 2......done


Sorry...tried to load a video of Joanna walking around the HUGE coffee table we have here, but it would load :(  Try again later.....  

So I have been really trying to focus on my heart and not letting my circumstances affect my joy.  I think I have done pretty well considering that this is something that is very hard for me.  It is true I am a perfectionist.  I love having everything in it's spot, clean, and organized.  he he he he- yeah even with 8 kids.

Sunday we spent more than 2 hours searching for documents in the storage area- 30 X 10 with all our stuff jammed in.  YIKES!!!  Our kiddos were in the van (right outside our unit so we could hear them and see them of course) that was running with a movie on .....and then another movie.....and they did AMAZING!!!!!  Snacks of course were included as well as a trip to McDonald's afterward.  I LOVE the fact that our kids do so well when we are trying to get something important done.  Seriously I have the best kids in the world!!!!!!

Then today we spent THE DAY getting everything photocopied, and corrected, and stapled, and marked etc. to send to the I R S.  PRAYING that everything goes well.  PRAYING!!!!!!!

I said today on facebook that it seriously feels like we are doing another adoption.  Gathering all the documents needed is a familiar feeling to anyone who has done an adoption.  Although there is a child waiting for you instead.

Praying your adoption taxes are going better :)

Finding JOY in everyday disaster:  Like the fact that Joanna was doing some serious belly laughing today.  The fact that we got our stuff overnighted to the I R S.  The fact that it is Easter week and we get to spend the weekend with family.  The fact that our kiddos are so very well behaved on the whole.  The fact that we are all healthy.  SOO MANY things to thank God for today!!!  Going to keep reminding myself of that!

***Praying for Jason as he starts the job search.  There are 2 jobs specifically he is applying for right now- both have great potential and both are things he would enjoy doing :)  PRAYING...for God to open the door that needs to be opened.

10 comments:

  1. I heard ALOT of people talking about the trouble with their adoption credit. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying not to worry. I got all I had, copied, signed, stapled (had to buy a stapler!!!!)We cannot find her foriegn adoption decree. I firmly believe we didnt get one.( there were several copies made and send to various agencies but I know we couldnt have gotten one of our own or it would be with the 4 birth certificates, 4 hague certificates and....)THe amazing thing is they dont ask for the American Citizenship Decree- which you had to have the Foriegn adoption decree to get!!! Go figure. Just know Ive prayed for yall numerous times today......

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got a thing saying they are reviewing ours and we don't need to send any additional info at this time. What I don't get is why the last 2 years they gave us the credit but now that we had to send in the documents they have to take their dandy time. I hope and pray its just all a big misunderstanding...frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Dawn...praying that you get that credit quickly. Ours went smoothly, so I'll pray that yours does from here on out too. Praying for Jason's job situation as well...and hugs to you while you wait on lots of good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craziness, we (of course :)) are in the same position, but waiting for a second letter. PRAYING your refund to be sped into your hands (or bank account). Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your tax credit, your home situation, and Jason's job! Hope you get lots of great news SOON!!!!! And I know what the whole perfectionist thing is like, too.... Blessings and hugs to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our documents are in various files in the basement which has been a pain... I can't imagine digging through a storage unit -- ugh.
    Glad you got it all -- and praying you get a speedy return. I'll be lucky to get this stuff compiled by the end of the week.
    One good thing is that DH was going over our return and he is going to file an ammended return when all this adoption credit gets sorted out. He found more refund $$.
    Flat tax sounds nice right now.

    praying Jason has great interviews and gets a fantastic position.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you all right now!
    L:ots of Love!
    The Funkhousers

    ReplyDelete
  9. we need to replace receipts. not sure how easy that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for your return to get to you soon and for a great job. We love you guy. I love see all the pictures of your kids smiling faces. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

.

.