Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm Just.........

 So wow....I have been out of the loop.  I think we are in a place where we are making some small changes in our home.  We are facing some challenges.  We are dealing with insurances.  We are leading the foster care/adoptive life group.  We are doing life.  And well.....you know- it happens!  So the below are pictures of the kiddos playing with my Aunt Jane and my cousins kiddos at the local "tree park".  We love getting together with them and having a picnic and plenty of fresh air!!!!
 So I don't know about you but sometimes I almost hear people sigh when they say I'm just doing this.  Or I'm just a housewife.  Or I'm just adopting.  Or I'm just cleaning.  Or I'm just relaxing.  Or I'm just beginning.  Or I'm just leaving.  Or I'm just going to work.  Or I'm just.............(fill in the blank with anything!!!) 
 I guess I was thinking about this because there is this silly whimsical movie called Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.  In the movie the toy store- is a magical store where the toys are "active and alive".  There is an accountant who is hired to help the magical toy store to get right with their taxes etc.  This accountant has lost touch with imagination and playing.  Like a lot of adults I know.

When the young lady employed by the store is talking to him she says you are a "just that" kind of person (or something along that line).  Meaning that he was a grumpy person who refused to have fun in life.  One who didn't want to "play along" because he lived life by the rules.  He was a grown up.  He was too serious for childish things. 
 When I hear people say I'm Just- what comes to mind is that scene.  People will say- I'm just running to the grocery store.  In reality ALL THAT WE DO WE SHOULD DO FOR THE LORD!

Colossians 3:23 “Whatsoever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
 What if instead of  "JUST DOING ........"?  We really lived our lives FULLY FOR THE LORD?  Allowing God to really fill us with JOY!  Allowing God to bring our lives to LIFE through HIM!!!
 What if we played as hard or harder than our kids?  What if we said we don't want to be "just this" anymore?
 What if we believed in God the way a young child believes in pink bunnies and a magic toy store?  What if we believed that God really does work miracles- TODAY?  What if we believed what GOD SAID IN THE BIBLE WAS TRUE? 
 What if we really allowed God to CHANGE OUR WORLD to be what HE SEES IN US?
 I am just wondering.........
 Would it look a LOT MORE LIKE THIS?
 Or this?
 I truly think it would!!!  I think we would have a lot more time for things.  Be a lot less irritated by things.  Be a lot more caring towards strangers and friends.  We would be able to share more!  We would want to give to those around us without question.  We would desire to spend more time with God!  We would enjoy life a lot more....realizing that we are doing EVERYTHING FOR GOD!!!
 These are our friends that Castros.....a wonderful family from our church.  They were taken with Michael :)  And well- what's not to LOVE??
 Joanna....you are too cute- look at those eyes looking to daddy!
 Yep, plastic bottles are a toy for all ages. 
Awww....you know Michael just eats up all the attention!!!  I love it!!!!  I LOVE SPOILING HIM WITH AS MUCH ATTENTION AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what would serving the Lord in EVERYTHING you do look like?

Ummmmm.....for me that means some big changes!!!  As in - my attitude!  As in remembering this life is a privilege!  As in remembering that my husband and my children are a HUGE GIFT!  I do try to live that way, but you know in the moments you just want 10 seconds of peace.....yea those.  Or when you get interrupted trying to have a 2 minute conversation with your hubby.  And well....my list could go on quite long unfortunately.

What if you made a list of who you are?

I AM- A GOD FOLLOWER, GOD'S CHOSEN CHILD, LOVED BY GOD, MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD, TO SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE I MEET, TO SHARE THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST, A WIFE, ONE WHO SERVES MY HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS, A MOMMY TO 9 PRECIOUS CHILDREN, A HOME SCHOOLING TEACHER, A WITNESS TO ALL WHO MEET ME, A PERSON WHO IS IN LOVE WITH CHRIST, A PERSON WHO IS HIDDEN IN CHRIST, MADE FOR WORSHIP!!!

4 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. right on sister!!!
    love the new picture on the header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An every moment journey!! What a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, What an AMAZING reminder that I needed right now. I'm going through some pretty rough things right now and feel so overwhelmed. But remembering that this is IT, the one and only life I get, and it's a GIFT!! Living it to the fullest with my strength from Jesus! Thanks for preaching RIGHT TO ME.

    ReplyDelete

.

.