Sunday, June 7, 2009

Only 3 children??? I'm lost


So what do you have when 4 of your 7 children are at a one night camp (here at our camp of course)??? An empty looking table!!!! This is crazy! I asked Abigail what she would think if we only had her, Elizabeth, and Jonathan....she instantly said "That wouldn't be any fun!" So there you have it....my kids love our crazy family!!!

Of course, Jonathan thought he was helping...as he put his pants on his head. How adorable. So the house is really quiet! Well, not really because Elizabeth has enough noise for several children. But quieter than normal for sure. Our kids are in the pavilion doing worship right now...later flashlight tag, and then off to bed. They had a hotdog roast and swimming earlier too. Tomorrow, crafts, swimming, bubble fun, whip cream paintings, Bible Study, worship, parachute games, and lots of laughter! The advantage of being the camp director is that you know when they are doing everything!

So although it seems a bit weird living where you go to camp, we try to stay away from them while they are at camp. We will see them at breakfast, but other than that our staff have it down, and...I always say if I would trust them with my children....I will trust them with yours! They are really a wonderful bunch of young adults!!!!

More about camp stuff to come I am sure...since that is a huge part of our life as well.

5 comments:

  1. I love it that your kids want everyone around. My kids are the same way. When they stay with grandparents, we used to think it would be easier to split them up so there is less of them at each house, but our parents say it's much easier to keep all of them together because they are happier.
    That's fun you can "send" them to camp, but be there and know what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work of the Lord! My kids all say that too, "that wouldn't be fun" referring to a small family. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is beautiful! I love that you live on a camp! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that they think it's fun to have so many siblings. We were on vacation with our friends that have 11 kids, and N said as they were piling into their van that he wanted a family that big...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy doesn't think that we need another court date, she should be able to show up and present her paperwork and then testify. Praying that this is true!

    ReplyDelete

.

.