Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Take a breath......and remember who you are!

 A week before my GG was promoted to life this is what we were doing.  We had decided to surprise the kids by taking them to LEGOLAND!  Thank you for homeschool discounts ;). 
 We were stopping to take a breath!  For our family part of stopping to take a breath is most weeks we have a family day where we don't worry about anything else.  We go to a park, theme park, go to the beach, etc.  This is our Day of complete rest.   
 With things that go on in our lives we sometimes need to remember to STOP!  Stop and take time for worship!  Stop and take time to play!  Stop and take time to enjoy each other! 
 Let go of expectations!!  This is a big one for me because my expectations can get in the way of everything.  Seriously, I can get derailed easily :(.  So these days that we escape are our way of refocusing.  We relax.  There is no rushing.  We laugh and enjoy rides, or funny pictures.  We smile and play tag as we go. 
 Spiritually we were made to take time to remember who we are as well.  As a  mom, as a sister in Christ, as a wife, as God's Daughter, as a minister to those around us. 
 Today as I took the kids to enjoy a walk on a path close by I was fuming!  It was our time to enjoy each other, but I wasn't enjoying it.  You know the feeling- those expectations right? 
 My expectation was that we would go, walk, stretch out, and enjoy a beautiful day.  Sounds simple enough.  However, it is hard to do when there is disobedience creeping in it's ugly form and stomping on your relaxation time. 
 I was mad, I was upset, I felt like a failure, I wanted to scream....so instead I cried.  I prayed and begged God to show me what to do.  I wanted to well- you get the picture.  I had to repent.  I had to go back and pray some more.  I found some reasons to enjoy our walk no matter about said child. 
 When we came home I turned on some worship music.  I didn't tell everyone it was worship time, but I needed it.  I wanted it.  I craved it! 
 Said child was the ONLY one who joined in with my worship time.  I wanted to be upset, but instead felt the Holy Spirit tell me to hug her. WHAT GOD?  Are you kidding? 
 YES- do the opposite!  Offer grace and forgiveness.  Offer your love when you don't want to.  This is what I do for you!!!
 Don't you hate it when the Holy Spirit is sooo right ;) ? 
 I am thrilled that God has saved me from myself!  I am so thankful that He has forgiven me when I am selfish!  Believe me I am selfish and controlling a lot!!! 
 Do you know what happened when I hugged said child instead of giving them what for? 
 It changed ME! 
 It brought compassion to my heart for this child that God created!  It brought me back to a place where God could clearly speak to my heart. 
 There are so many times when I feel like I am not worthy.  So many times I just feel like I will never get there. 
 On those days it is especially important for me to go to HIM! 
 To have HIM whisper- I love you with an everlasting love......
 I forgive you and take your sins from you as far as the East is from the West! 
 I need you to model this for your children so they can know me. 
Because I am not even close to perfect- I PRAISE GOD that I have a Savior who IS!  I praise God for His Spirit that works in me even in those imperfect times!  I praise God because today through my selfishness and upset- HE SPOKE! 

Take a breath......and remember who you are!

***Oh yeah- I have a surprise coming with more pictures of those beautiful children God has placed in families!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.