Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Confessions of a Homeschooling Mommy
2) I only knew that I couldn't spend so many hours away from my babes :)
3) I have tried all kinds of different things with the kids- some have flopped - big time- some work....
4) There are some days that I start off homeschooling and get so off track I don't recover
5) We typically homeschool 3 - 5 days a week- year round Because it is hard work people!
6) I wouldn't trade home schooling for the world! I would live off of beans and weenies if it meant we could keep home schooling.
7) Some days as we are homeschooling- they baby pukes on me in her sling or she starts "jabbering" just as I am trying to start something new with the kids.
8) Sometimes time outs happen during lesson time - some days constantly
9) I pray constantly while teaching- because I CAN'T DO IT ALONE!!!!
10) Sometimes as we homeschool our toddlers are running around screaming
11) There are plenty of days we homeschool in our pj's
12) There are also plenty of days we don't do hair because we don't want to get behind in homeschooling
13) There are MANY DAYS I feel very very very very very inadequate to teach my babes
14) We love to turn up the music loud and dance every once in a while
15) I hate testing, and mostly do oral quizzes :)
16) I know and pray that my children learn in spite of me or any books or computer programs we use
So there you have it! There are many days that are not as productive, but there are plenty of days that are. Everyday that my children LOVE to learn is Great for our family. That is just one of the best things ever- to have your children love learning.
Lovely right? he he he.....well he knows how to have fun! So I think this is the last of our vacation pictures- whew. While you en...
I wrote about what adoption means to me personally here . Today I wanted to share what it means to me in our job. Jason an...
This is a long post, but there is no other way to tell it than to just post it all........ KNOW there is NO WAY EVER that I would post som...
This past year has been the most difficult our family has ever faced. Yet when last year started I had an overwhelming sense of peace tha...
Seth and Casey are an amazing couple. It has been a pleasure as their adoption consultants with Christian Adoption Consultants...
Having 9 children has given us a lot of time to watch our children fall in love. Sometimes it is smooth and seemless adding an...
When I think about this question I have to admit I am overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with emotions, memories, pain, suffering, healing, and gr...
So a little over 2 years ago we moved into our present home. We had just bought a home about 2 1/2 years prior, but 6 months after we mo...
Pictures today are brought to you by..........Bekah Shae Love Glasses :). OK so while we were at Empowered To Connect's Train the Tr...
One thing that takes root in our lives and then reeks havoc everywhere is anger. It sneaks into corners and like a cobweb can be hidden ...