Friday, November 14, 2014

Abigail turns 15!!

 This is a picture redo that Jason did with Abigail- Awwww.......how did she grow up so fast? 
 HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY ABIGAIL!!!!!  This was my note to her on her special day:

To our first born sweetheart: Our compassionate, beautiful, young lady who loves others well.  Who encourages and shares her heart. 

You love to dream, imagine, sketch, and design.

We pray today you remember just how special you are to us.  What a true gift from God you are to all who know you. 
 She got make up, fingernail polish, and loads of bling to go with it, and drawing and tracing supplies (she has a creative side that I just adore). 
 Of course when you bring out fingernail polish for one young lady you have to get more out for everyone.  We also went to a park, had a picnic, went on a walk, and had a very beautiful day!  
 I just had such a hard time with writing the number 15 on the board.  Oh don't even go there with me because ages 5, 10 also were huge issues for me.  A huge reminder that my fist baby is growing up and one day she will be completely independent.  I am happy for her to be as she is a beautiful young lady....so it's not a worry about it as much as it is a struggle because I just love her so much I have no idea how I am going to let her go?  I am pretty much thinking I am going to be a bubbling mess.  I am going to need some wise counsel from some of you out there!!!  So if you have some let me know. 
 She chose a recipe she found in a magazine (she loves to try new things out).  It had Oreos, two kinds of ice cream, fudge topping, and cool whip.  So she chose to do mint ice cream and chocolate which of course led to getting mint Oreos as well.  YUMMY!  My daughter of course has excellent taste :). 
These two how can I describe them together.  It is kind of like peanut butter and jelly.  They are right at 10 years apart and they have a deep love for each other.  I won't be the only puddle of mess when Abigail decides to leave the nest. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I loved all of these pictures! Your family is beautiful. I am so happy to know that there are people in the world like you with such big hearts. I used to be a nanny for a little boy who was adopted from Ethiopia. He stole my heart, and now I am thinking about adopting.

    http://www.adoptglobal.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if I can be of any help! We now help walk families through the process of adoption with Christian Adoption Consultants! You can visit our professional blog @ adoptionshapedheart.com

      But would love to talk about any aspect of adoption just because- we love to share :)!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

.

.