Wednesday, July 16, 2014

To young women and men everywhere!!

As you can imagine having preteen/teens in the home brings you to a new level of prayer!!  I mean like as in all the time!!!  Prayers for them to grow in faith, to keep them safe, to block out things they shouldn't see, to bring them God honoring friends, for their future spouse, but also for them to stay pure and wait.  Oh that is soooo hard. 
When we buck the trend we are really in for the questions from others who think we are crazy as well as our children.  We don't try to brain wash them, but to help them understand God's Best and Our Best for them!  They have their own minds I can assure you and thoughts, but we have very open conversations about marriage, dating, courting, why do this, why not do this.....all open book here!!! 

Dear Young Man,

I know a lot about YOU because I was your age a few years back, and I remember it well, so listen up......Maybe you’ve been ‘interested’ in girls lately. Online, Facebook, at the beach, school, and maybe you’re interested in a sweet ‘church girl’. That’s all well and good, but I need to tell you something:

When you ‘look’ at my daughter and ‘think’ about her I want you to also ‘think’ about her Daddy. You see, I will always see her as a precious princess sitting on my lap, hearing my heartbeat as she sleeps on my chest, running into my arms as I walk through the door, giving and receiving her butterfly kisses. SHE IS A PRECIOUS PRINCESS, and I WILL ALWAYS see her this way, and so will God. She is not your ‘eye candy’ or some ‘sweet thing’ to look at. She needs to be treated with honor, with respect, and with with respect to the mother and father who raised her.

If you see her the way her mother, God and I do, then you will understand how important it is to keep your eyes and heart pure when it comes to her, to wait until your wedding day before touching her intimately. To wait until your wedding day to kiss her. Can you do that? If not, then move along, she’s not for you. If you can wait (and she‘s worth the wait), then you are on the road to being a man of honor, and only then will I consider your interest in her.

 Dear Young Ladies,

You see these handsome young men? They are MINE as in I am their momma!!! Let me share something with you. When you look at my boys you see handsome, respectable young men. They are indeed just that. They are also my little boys. They always will be my little boys. They reached up for my heart and hands first. That is the way I will always view them. 

Maybe you have got the bug- you know the boy crazy bug? Yep, I had it too when I was younger, but it didn't really help me. It made me long for something that really wasn't mine. You see we are helping our boys stay pure in a world that is anything but. Help us out. Please don't follow them around or ooggle over them. They need to hear how amazing they are FROM ME and their DADDY not from someone who will date them and break their hearts 2 weeks later!!! 

Also, I am trying to show our boys respect for all young ladies, but when you wear those short shorts, shirts that show cleavage, dental floss bikinis, or make kissy faces on your FB feeds - YOU ARE NOT HELPING US!! Please- I know you don't always mean anything by it! I know you may want a young man to protect you and give you respect. Please go to your father or mother for those things. I know some of you don't have that- please pray that God would lead you to Himself HE can be your father figure who wants you, tells you that you are beautiful, and wants what is the absolute best for you! 

When it comes to our boys I want them to remain pure and focused on being the best godly father on the planet. Hey, we have taught them to change diapers, play with younger kiddos, cook, do laundry, the whole works! I want them to feel comfortable with hanging out with their mom and dad! I want them to chase after God not short skirts or an inappropriate photo or video!!

So here is the deal. In order to have the husband YOU DESERVE we need to take a step back from what society thinks is normal. You know date tons of men/women, kiss and tell, and much more that we don't need to detail. We strive for a "hands off" approach to ladies until they find that special young lady they will marry! 

Believe me ladies----- when it comes time for them to find a young lady. YOU WILL BE THANKING ME!!! You will say oh my goodness......why would I have wanted it any other way? PROMISE!!!

Love, 
Their Momma!!!


 We know not everyone agrees with us and that is fine, but these were notes we wanted to share because sometimes as a parent it is scary.....  When you consider websites available from phones, FB, media, magazines at the check out.....  Then add in those changes that God created in us as we change from girls to ladies and boys to young men.  Well sometimes it would be easier just to lock them away in a closet!!! 

Believe me we joke about that often.  Not because we want our children to be sheltered, but yes in a way we do!!!  We want our children's innocence in tact!  We don't want them concentrating on things that are not appropriate for anyone.  We want them to know they whys, the hows, and the whens!!  But not from a s*x happy media, but from people who have lived life and have found out our own mistakes. 
We want them to ask questions NOW and daily!!!  We want them to learn and grow in God First!!  We want them to be pure and faultless (doesn't mean they and we won't make mistakes because we do) before their Heavenly Father and Their Bride or Groom one day!!! 

Just thinking about it gives me chills.  I want them to have a pure and beautiful love for their spouse that is not polluted!  We have been praying since they were babies for this very thing....and we have tried our best to help them attain that!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.